Folder Watchdog Service (FWDSVC)
Want to get informed when something happens to a file or folder at your own or a remote computer? As soon as anything changes in specified folder or its subfolder the program will create a notification email and send to specified addressees.
Need to watch for a special file of the directory? Set include or exclude masks* and alerts will contain related data only. You can also suppress undesired notifications by means of different filters.
Get alerted when planned file event did not happen - just switch to "alert on no event" mode.
These key features are accompanied with schedule support, customizable logging, email templates which can be easily changed by user and the smallest footprint on your hard disk - less than half of a megabyte!
No nag screens, time limits, adware, spyware, malware.
- runs as Windows NT Service - no interaction with desktop required
- both remote and local file system may be monitored
- unlimited number of monitored folders *
- subfolders may be monitored too
- monitoring schedule, including time period to wait for an absence of event before alerting (improved in 1.6)
- easy-to-use folder parameters add/edit wizard
- inclusion and exclusion masks (regular expressions) *
- data on item type (file or folder) and size (added in version 1.3)
- preprocessing filters to suppress unwanted notifications (added in version 1.1)
- 'A' filter removes every notification except 'add' (added in version 1.4)
- 'R' filter suppresses multiple repeated notifications
- 'F' filter suppresses folder change notification when a file inside that folder was changed - useful when either of file times is being monitored
- 'D' filter removes notification on folder creation/modification (added in version 1.2)
- 'M' filter removes 'modify' notifications when there was 'add' notitication for the same file or folder (added in version 1.2)
- email formats supported are Plain Text and HTML (added in version 1.1)
- notifications may be logged in plain-text files (added in version 1.1)
- SMTP authentication for outgoing email
- Customizable mail send interval *
- configuration may be exported to and imported from a text file
* Available in registered version only.
- you own a public ftp service, and want to be notified when someone uploads new file(s);
- you set a procedure of regular file load (i.e. new antiviral package) and want to know if the package has not been delivered;
- you want to be informed about every change in either local or remote file system, but do not want or is unable to use built-in audit feature;
- you have a logging system and want to know if nothing has been written for a given period of time;
Need help to start using the program?
Check this Quick Start Guide!
To see some screenshots of the FWDSVC Configurator application please proceed to Screenshots page.
Where to obtain the latest version
FWDSVC can be downloaded from different sources at the Internet, but the only location for the most up-to-date version is this site. Proceed to Download page to get the link to the ZIP archive containing installation package. This package is guaranteed to be free of viruses, adware, spyware and other unsolicited content.
Why to register
Although registration is optional, program's functionality is slightly reduced in unregistered version. To remove these limitations, purchase a registration key via one of highly secure and reliable software resellers. Detailed instructions are available at Purchase page.
No enhancement request is accepted for this release anymore, sorry. Give a look to Folder Watchdog Service 2 release!